Monday, March 14, 2011

2 new UKC Champions

Entered Brady and Sadie in United Kennel Club shows this weekend.  Sadie needed 2 wins with competition to finish that championship and I thought Brady should experience some indoor shows.  Sadie was successful in finishing her championship--and Brady became a champion also!  What a surprise.  We did have other bitches entered. so I played the game of trying to get points on both Sadie and Brady--it worked beautifully.  Sadie was Best Female each time and being the only male present, Brady was Best Male.  I had to take them in against each other, so handed Sadie off to others to show and I stayed on Brady (that often gives the judge the message of which dog  you want to win.)  Anyway--the judges liked Brady better than Sadie so gave him Best of Breed each time.  He got to play with the 'big dogs' in the group judging.  He got 2 Group 2's and a Group 1--and from that he went on to Reserve Best In Show--my little guy at 6 1/2 months really showed well.  Think he was one of the youngest dogs in the shows and certainly was youngest in the group and BIS competition.  We were in good company as the BIS dogs are also winners in AKC shows.  He loves the show atmosphere and people clapping and cheering makes him happy.  I got many compliments on both Sadie and Brady--not only on their looks, but on their happy, friendly temperaments.
So now Sadie is:
URO2 AKC/UKC CH  Monumental Ravenwd Smart Choice RE TD
Brady is: UKC RBIS U-CH Monumental Taking The High Road
But-best of all-I get to bring them home to live with me, BJ, Jordi and Mackie.  Life is good.
Brady going Reserve Best In Show
Sadie going Best of Opposite Sex in Scottsdale, AZ at the Fiesta Cluster.  This was a 4 point major toward her AKC Grand Championship.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how mature Brady looks already. Gimme still looks very puppy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I guess I could'a added -
    HUGE CONGRATULATIONS>>>>>
    for all your recent wins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all the congrats--from all of you. Brady isn't really looking that mature to me--I still see him as a baby boy. He is growing up without any funky growth spurts for the most part. Just looks like a smallish big boy. Msybe that is why he looks more mature to you, Carla.

    ReplyDelete